How do self-guided bicycle tours differ from guided group tours?
- No Guide: On a guided group tour, groups of 8 to 20 cyclists are accompanied by one,
possibly two guides (usually seasonally employed college students.) Typically, guides will cycle with the most proficient cyclists at the head of the pack
leaving slower cyclists to find their way independently using sketchy, less-than-ideal cue sheets.
On a Diverse Directions self-guided tour you and your traveling companions will cycle independently. You'll navigate your way by following our easy-to-read,
meticulously researched and written route instructions.
- No Huge Price Tag: On average our customers pay $150 to $225 per person per day for their
Diverse Directions self-guided bicycle tour, as compared to an industry average of $350 to $550+ per person per day for guided group tours offered by other companies.
Why choose a Diverse Directions self-guided bicycle tour?
Though there may be as many reasons for choosing a Diverse Directions self-guided bicycle tour as there are the people who do them, the following list includes those we hear most often from our customers:
- Cost Savings: Self-guided tours from Diverse Directions can be done for a fraction of the cost of guided, group tours, without any sacrifice of safety,
convenience or support.
- Flexibility: Diverse Directions customers enjoy complete flexibility in choosing their hotel accommodations. From first class luxury hotels to simple budget inns, the choice is yours!
- Freedom: On a self-guided tour, you're free to cycle at your own pace and to stop
as frequently along your route as you wish. In other words, you're not tied to a schedule designed to keep a large group moving.
- Convenience: Diverse Directions offers a comprehensive array of support services comparable to that of any company selling guided group tours. Our
experienced customers know that a guide is simply a huge unnecessary expense.
- No Hassle: You choose the persons with whom you are traveling. In other words, no more tedious small talk over dinner with a ready-made group of traveling companions.
- No Competition: You know it's true! Every group, like it or not, includes a wise-guy, a know-it-all, a snob, and the guy who has to be first. Do we need to say more?
- Authenticity: On a self-guided tour, you'll enjoy countless opportunities to interact meaningfully with the locals. Our experienced
customers know that group, guided tours often deprive participants of these opportunities for efficiency's sake.
On a self-guided tour from Diverse Directions, you'll travel with confidence as you follow our meticulously researched, easy-to-read route instructions.
And you'll cycle with the peace of mind that comes from knowing help is just a phone call away. With our self-guided tours, there's no guesswork. It's just you, your bike, the open road and an abundance of